Google+

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tofu French Fries


My kids and I love to snack on my Salt & Pepper Tofu, a super easy and delicious way to get this high-protein vegetarian food into our diet.

I added a little whimsy this time around, by cutting the tofu into French Fries. Everyone loved them! They are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and take less than 10 minutes to prepare. For grown-ups, add a fab tofu aioli - lemon, chile, shiso.

I can't wait to make them again. Here's the super easy recipe.

Tofu French Fries

Grapeseed oil
Super Firm tofu
Sea Salt
Pepper

Heat the grapeseed oil in a non-stick pan. Grapeseed oil has a high smoke point, making it perfect for this preparation.

Cut the tofu into french fries. When the oil is hot, add the tofu fries to the pan and cook until brown on all 4 sides. Add salt and pepper while you are cooking and add more as you turn the tofu.

When golden, remove from the pan to a plate covered with paper towel to absorb any oil. Add sea salt and serve!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Christine said...

Good one Catherine. You have lucky kids!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this foods it is one of the useful post for me. thanks.

http:// Good food and drinks of our world
http:// Wonder of my world
http:// Physical exercise blogspot
amazon.com/wonderworld20-20

7:41 AM  
Anonymous caloriesinboiledrice said...

Woww! I love Tofu French Fries.

Look great. I want tasted it.

Thanks again for share

1:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These look intriguing. Do you cook with Tofu a lot? Could you post more Tofu recipes?

6:31 AM  
Anonymous carpet cleaning Fargo ND said...

My family tried out this recipe and it was delicious. THANK YOU

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Michelle said...

What a simple yet genius way to use tofu! I'm making this tomorrow. My kids are both tofu freaks! I also have a vegetarian blog - eatmoregreenfood.com! Check it out sometime! :)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks for all the comments. These really are worth the minimal effort!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home