Google+

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Grilled Vegetable & Yuba Napolean



I was very excited to find Hodo Soy's Yuba (tofu skin) now available in stores. I learned about working with Yuba at Millennium.Taught by Millennium's Executive Chef Eric Tucker, these classes have really opened my mind to vegan ingredients and techniques (There's a class this Sunday, July 31st - I'll be there!)

Some of the yummy yuba dishes we've made in recent classes:

Yuba rolls stuffed with seasoned butternut squash puree, sauteed mushrooms, and sushi rice:



Bahn Mi with marinated and sauteed yuba with sesame tofu mayonnaise, plum anise hoisin, pickled carrots, sliced jalapeno:


Delicious Pea and Cilantro Puree-Stuffed Fried Yuba Ravioli with sesame seeds:



So I was swimming when I got this idea for a Grilled Vegetable and Yuba Napolean. In place of cheese, I fried the yuba in olive oil with garlic. I grilled eggplant and tomato on my Griddler by Cuisinart. I salted the vegetables and griddled them with olive oil. The garlic crisped yuba subsitiuted for a a creamy cheese element and I topped the yuba with with pesto. A super-easy and satisfying summer dish worthy of good company!

Enjoy!


5 Comments:

Anonymous Cubicle.com said...

Wow, that looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Wow, Catherine, that looks so good. I've not heard of yuba before and will try to source it from our co-op. Our vegan son arrives this week so I'll be back for more vegan ideas. Thanks for this one!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Emilie said...

This looks so delicious. We love cooking fresh vegetable recipes like these! This looks so flaky and fresh.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous vegetarian food said...

I really like your pictures, especially the last picture, it looks delicious and healthy, I hope, I can make it at home

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Find Restaurant Job said...

Well, this dish looks really appetizing and with these treats I will certainly find better reasons to consider the idea of going vegetarian!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home