Google+

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hungry?



Here's a photo of a wonderful, inexpensive cheese and tomato dream sandwich. Makes your mouth water doesn't it?

By lunchtime today, I was "starving"! As I sat down to enjoy my lunch, I read this article by Mark Bittman in the New York Times, which changed my perspective. The House budget bill (H.R.1) is proposing huge cuts in the Women, Infants and Children program (WIC), Food Stamps, and International Funding for Food and Health Aid (Check out the World Food Program's call to action at Take Action.) Hungry people don't have much of a voice in our political system. Let's raise our voice for them.

I encourage you to write to your representatives and oppose these cuts in support of all the hungry people. No need to fast, but, if you can, donate some food to your local food bank and feed some hungry people. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Janice Harper said...

Absolutely; a very important program that should not be cut - thank you for reminding us that writing about food also means thinking about those who don't have enough of it.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home