Google+

Friday, July 04, 2008

Portobello with Paté di Fiori di Zucca


Grilled portobello, marinated in EVOO, garlic, and balsamic, topped with a toasted white bread crostone soaked in the same marinade with red wine added, fresh mozzarella, paté di fiori di zucca, broiled, then topped with a tiny basil leaf.

A hybrid of my last two posts, these were melt in your mouth delicious. I am really loving the Zucchini Flower paté! It's mild and wonderful, and looks better than the photo above suggests (it was getting dark). Soaking the crostone in wine made this rich and indulgent!

Happy 4th!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks so fancy, as if you'd been taking cooking lessons at some gourmet restaurant! haha.

we made a pizza the other night (we finally started buying TJ's pizza dough!) and I put ports on my side and it was sooooooo good. I need to start using them more.

11:39 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I'm going to try making my own zuke flower pate. Might toss in a couple of yellow crookneck flowers too. Thanks for this idea. Oh, maybe a little garlic?

12:51 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi cookie,

I'm sure garlic would be good, but I'd go really easy as it would be easy to overwhelm the zuke flower flavour.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

VK- the great thing is these take 15-20 minutes to make!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home