Google+

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Bruschetta with Heirloom Tomatoes & Pate di Fiori di Zucca


Isn't it always the simple things that taste the best? I really think so.

This bruschetta of La Brea French White Bread, organic heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and Pate di Fiori di Zucca (a puree of zucchini flowers and olive oil) with Fleur de Sel salt, a rub of fresh garlic on the bread, ground black pepper and a few drops of balsamic, and basil from my yard was heaven on earth. I could eat this every summer day!

I purchased the Pate di Fiori di Zucca at our local Farmers Market. It's delicate and wonderful and I long for zucchini blossoms in all their glory. Here's a few ideas if you are lucky enough to come across them:
  • Squash Blossom & Jalapeno Pizza

  • Fried Squash Blossoms with Garlic-Cream Cheese Filling

  • Zucchini & Mushroom Pizza Topped with Squash Blossoms

  • Squash Blossom Pizza


  • Gee, did I mention zucchini flowers are great on pizza?

    2 Comments:

    Blogger MeloMeals said...

    That looks delicious! I love the squash blossom/evoo combo..wow..

    5:42 PM  
    Blogger Anna Haight said...

    This makes my mouth water! Looking forward to meeting you!

    11:43 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home