Google+

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Simple (but addictive) Salad


OK...so I had this salad last night and now I'm having it again tonight. It's not laziness, it's addiction.

I wondered whether to post this one at all. But, then, I've posted about my cheese & tomato sandwich, and who doesn't crave the enjoyment of a few simple ingredients?

A meal-sized salad, based on a caprese salad, but with a generous helping of chopped romaine lettuce, a sliced Persian cucumber and some pinenuts...heck, I didn't even notice the lack of basil. EVOO and balsamic, coarse hand harvested fleur de sel, fresh ground pepper, heirloom tomatoes, and pinenuts with fresh mozzarella.

I really could eat this all summer long! Can't skip the special salt and a glass of local Pinot Noir made this, well, addictive.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan Scholl said...

Here is my take on this very summery salad. I could eat this at every meal.

http://eatsnothingwitheyeballs.blogspot.com/2008/04/marinated-mozzie-salad-with-sprouted.html

10:23 PM  
Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

I fall into the same thing with salads -- sometimes they are good enough to eat every night. Latest favorite, that I have at least three or four times a week: spinach, nectarines, cuke, tomato, black olives, dressed with really good balsamic.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

jan - looks good!

Lydia -I'll have to try this. I've had some great nectarine salads, but have not tried them with black olives -wow!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love salads...specially lettuce and tomato.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home