Google+

Friday, June 13, 2008

"Sausage"-Stuffed Portobellos


As today, it wasn't too hot to even think about heating food, I made a recipe I've been meaning to try for ages: "Sausage"-Stuffed Portobellos over a bed of lightly sauted spinach.

(Ever crave a nice green leafy iron? I do!)

Super simple and very tasty! For presentation, I should have grated the Parmesan to a powder, but the taste was great!

I lightly sauted 1/2 clove of crushed garlic and a little finely chopped fresh rosemary in a little extra-virgin olive oil. I added 2 TBS of Gimme Lean sausage, and sauted for a few minutes, breaking the "sausage" up into pieces.

I peeled and broiled the ports, upside-down, brushed with a mix of olive oil and balsamic for 3-4 minutes. Blotted juices with a paper towel, then filled the ports with the sausage mix and topped with grated Parmesan. Broiled for 2 minutes.

I placed the spinach in a colander and poured boiling water over it. Heated the other 1/2 clove pressed garlic in a little olive oil and added the spinach, along with a pinch of Fleur de Sel and grind of black pepper. Plated the spinach with a pinch of red chili peppers, and topped with the stuffed portobellos.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow this looks delicious! This recipe is coming at the most uncanny time because I just bought all these ingredients (exactly) at the market haha. Thanks and keep it up! :)

7:35 AM  
Blogger be'ershevaboheme6 said...

these look so good...I'm always looking for something to do with portabellas besides burgers...not that portabella burgers aren't delicious...I've just been wanting to mix it up, and I'm TOTALLY trying these!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home