Google+

Friday, June 06, 2008

My (almost) Perfect Tomato Salad



An amazing tomato salad with red, orange, and yellow tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green garlic, avocado, fresh mozzarella, basil, pine nuts, sea salt, fresh black pepper, EVOO, and balsamic!

I could eat this every night, honestly! And, of course, you need some bread to soak up the juices.

"But, wait," you say " the title says (almost) perfect?"

Well, the green garlic 'ain't quite so green anymore. Check it out:


It was quite a bit stronger than I estimated, so I put a little more in than I should have. Oh, well, the vampires are outta luck tonight!

I'm really loving my Fleur de Sel, hand-harvested sea salt. It makes the tomatoes sing!

What are your favorite salts?

3 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

I am in love with a localish maine smoked sea salt... it is just awesome!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Fleur de sel from France - and good old Baleine for every day. I call it whale salt.

8:16 AM  
Blogger bazu said...

I love sea salt, and now use 2 different kinds almost exclusively. (I still use table salt for salting pasta water and baking, where measuring is important.) Through recipe testing, I've recently been introduced to Indian black salt (actually pinkish in color!)- it has a great and intense sulfuric aroma- perfect for vegan "egg" experiments!

Anyway, my real comment is, your salad looks to die for! I'd happily eat that every night during the summer and beyond.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home