Google+

Monday, June 23, 2008

Iron Person Soba Noodle Salad


God, this was perfect! Soba noodles with swiss chard, baby bok choy, scallions, garlic, ginger, savory smoked tofu (Wildwood), cilantro, soy sauce, 1 tsp peanut butter (Skippy smooth), mirin, peanut oil, toasted sesame oil, and black and white sesame seeds anda little RCP. I winged it with the ingredients (in other words, I didn't measure them), went very heavy on the swiss chard, and the result was perfection, sensational, better than I dreamed!

This soba noodle salad recipe has been waiting to be born for at least a month. It's been on my recipe "board" in my kitchen for at least two and I've even cooked a batch of soba noodles, run out of time, and.... well, you know, sometime life interrupts your plans.

This was soooo good I was tempted to make a second batch after I polished off the first. I was going to have this for lunch tomorrow, but it was just too good not to eat.

Why "iron person"? I'm feeling a little bruised, tired, and, well, anemic, so this was built around high iron vegetables. I feel stronger already!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Great combination of high iron vegetables! I hope it was just the pick-me-up you needed.

5:08 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

It looks very, very good.
I think you are ready to begin writing your cookbook (if you aren't already).

10:01 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

lydia - it was! I think I must have it tonight too!

cookie - thanks for the encouragement! of course, measuring helps for recipes;-)

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home