Google+

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Caprese Open Faced Sandwich


It certainly seems like summertime...and the living is easy. Perhaps I should rename this blog, I'm Lazy and I Eat?

I seem to have been eating out rather a lot lately, and, now the pool has opened for the summer, I have the vaguest sense of regret....but only the vaguest.

A light dinner this evening with the first organic heirloom tomatoes at yesterday's Farmers Market: a toasted slice of La Brea Bakery's Rosemary Olive Oil bread, with sliced organic heirloom tomato, basil leaves, and a modest portion of fresh mozzarella. Topped with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, this was fresh and delicious...and, well, perfect.

The only problem....what could be more perfect than one more !

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks so tasty! Heirloom tomatoes are starting to come in here but they haven't been very good yet. I miss La Brea bread but at least our local version of Whole Foods has a similar line of fresh breads.

Oh, the pool...

8:55 PM  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Looks SO summery! You've won a "You Make My Day" award, see my blog post today for more details.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

Yes, dinner definitely! Somewhere that has great tea too!

11:49 PM  
Blogger mitr_bayarea said...

Catherine,

a simple and light dinner, looks delicious.

10:33 AM  
Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Maybe just maybe if I had La Brea Bakery's close by I wouldn't bake so much bread.
Looks like an amazingly great sandwich.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home