Google+

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Green Cauliflower Gratin



If you haven't tried roasting cauliflower in the oven, you're in for a treat! This simple supper brought together roasted green cauliflower (but any cauliflower will work beautifully), extra-virgin olive oil, salt, meyer lemon juice, halved kalamata olives and pinenuts, topped with a feta cheese sauce.

Wash the cauliflower and cut into florettes. Toss with a little extra-virgin olive oil and salt. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, turning half way. Put in a ramekin with halved kalamata olives and pine nuts. Squeeze meyer lemon juice over all.

I created a roux with 1 tsp butter, 1 tsp flour and milk, then added the feta. It stays lumpy but that's OK. Short on time, just top with feta cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!


8 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

I'll bet the roasted olives with the myer lemon juice were soo amazing. I'll have to give this a try with my vegan feta..

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a quick and easy side :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger A Few Reservations said...

Mmm. The olives sound like a nice twist.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Susan from Food Blogga said...

I agree, roasting really brings out the flavor in cauliflower. Of course, the feta and olives don't hurt either. Delicious!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Beautiful dish, Catherine. Roasted cauliflower, and broccoli, is one of my favorite ways to prepare winter vegetables. And now you've gone and made it even more WOW! with that great feta sauce and olives!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

melody - I'd love to hear more about your vegan feta.

Lynn - welcom and thanks for your comment. This was supper for me as it's quite rich with the cheese sauce. I think it would also be great without it, lighter and more lemony.

few - I'm definitely on an olive-roll!

susan - welcome! I agree, roasting is the way to go with cauliflower.

Christine - I'll have to try roasting broccoli now!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I agree! Roasted cauliflower is lovely!!

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just made this. Green cauli and your recipe rocks. Roasted is best.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home