Google+

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Milena's Orange, Cranberry & Almond Biscotti


What's better than a gift from the kitchen!

I was the very happy recipient of Milena's homebaked Orange, Cranberry & Almond biscotti. Made from a family recipe, with freshly squeezed orange juice from oranges in her own backyard, my wonderful friend, Milena, treated me to a batch for Christmas. I raved about them so much, today I got my second gift of these tender, crumbly Italian cookies. These are my favorite biscotti!

The orange flavor is amazing, the cranberries are plump and chewy, and the toasted almonds add the perfect nutty crunch. These biscotti are crisp without being overly dry. I suspect the love and goodwill that goes into the baking of these delectable treats are the secret ingredients.

I'm hoping she'll make another batch so I can blog the making and baking. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Amalthea said...

These sound delightful! I have to say, though, that what really caught my attention was the "freshly squeezed orange juice from oranges in her own backyard". !!! To a New Yorker in the midst of a never-ending winter, that just sounds like paradise. Enjoy!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home