Google+

Friday, July 06, 2007

Fig & Humboldt Fog Pizza with Arugula Salad


It's been a while since I did a pizza and this one was definitely worth the wait.

Trader Joe's plain dough, brushed with white truffle oil, with shredded mozzarella, caramelized onions, portobello mushrooms, figs with balsamic vinegar, Humboldt Fog cheese, and fresh rosemary. Served with micro arugula with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

I was going to make pizza yesterday for my party, but was a little too easy going on my cooking schedule and we had so much great food to enjoy, I bailed on the pizzas.

Honestly, this was an incredibly delicious pizza and salad combo, and definitely one to share. Guess I'll just have to have another party really soon.....


8 Comments:

Blogger Jason Truesdell said...

I love Humboldt Fog cheese... It's one of the most dangerous temptations I can think of, since I often buy more than I can safely consume... But it works so well with so many things, and right on its own.

10:40 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

Drool, drool, drool ...

6:42 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Aw, nuts!
We shoulda spent the night!
:D

10:11 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Great pizza! I love TJs Pizza dough...and figs, so I am loving this recipe! I have never eaten Humboldt Fog cheese... Gonna have to go find some and see what its about.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I can't have it, it looks delicious!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Welcome Jason. Thanks for commenting - now I've found your blog!

Humboldt Fog and Mount Tam are my favorite indulgences.

I'll start musing on vegan pizza, VK

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! all my favourite things!

3:53 PM  
Blogger San Francisco Photos said...

This one looks good too. I love figs and arugula as I grew up eating them as a young kid. My dad grew the arugula and we had neighbors that had fig trees. Wish we made this back then!!! Thanks for the ideas!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home