Google+

Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Best Ice Cream I Ever Had



I had a wonderful afternoon interlude at my friend D's home sampling her homemade ice cream. The above was my favorite - can you guess the flavor?

D has a wonderful garden full of fruit, a wonderful kitchen, and a wonderful home in general. It's totally her. She recently gifted my with home made jams that included Galia Melon, Black Mission Fig & Beaumes de Venise, and the White Peach with Lemon Verbena pictured below:




Oh, yes, and she's made quite a few more....


Today, I delivered about 12 pounds of apricots and told her to go crazy. Stay tuned!

5 Comments:

Blogger elf said...

That looks exactly like the strawberry frozen yogurt I made from David Lebovitz's recipe.

I'm sure that's not what it is, since you say this is ice cream, and strawberry hardly deserves a guessing game. But I thought the similarity was striking enough to deserve a comment.

6:40 AM  
Blogger margaret said...

I think it's raspberry. At least, that's what I'm hoping it is, because then it's super drool-worthy.

Although honestly, whatever it is, it looks fantastic.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Dani Spies said...

That picture makes me want to lick the screen of my computer!!
Love your site!!

10:23 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I'd guess, having met your friend D, that it's a blend of something. Maybe berries flavored with herbs, something "out there."
D is at the vanguard of flavor-mingling. Her jam combos are mind-blowing.

11:50 AM  
Blogger bazu said...

Is it cherry? Rhubarb? Cherry-rhubarb-lavender?

Those jams blow my mind. I want to be D when I grow up. =)

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home