Google+

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tofu Wasabi Bowl


Back many years ago, when I first became a vegetarian, the hardest place to get a decent meal was a seafood restaurant. I remember dining on a measly side of overcooked broccoli once! Happily, times seem to have changed.

I have become quite addicted to this Tofu Wasabi Bowl from the seafood restaurant, Pacific Catch, in Corte Madera, and often order it to go. The marinated and grilled tofu is really fantastic! Moist, meaty, superfresh, and in no way bland, I love this stuff! It's the kind of thing I crave when feeling depleted and in need of a heavy dose of protein.

While this dish isn't exactly on the menu, the marinated grilled tofu is featured in a sandwich, along with shiitake mushrooms, mango, salsa, avocado and teriyaki sauce. It's also offered as part of the Teriyaki Bowls, with asparagus, shiitake musrooms, grilled bok choy, sesame seeds, house made sake teriyaki sauce served over pineapple fried rice.

But neither of them compares to the tofu with the superb Wasabi Bowl. Sticky sushi rice with the a delicious soy-wasabi sauce that is perfectly hot (in my opinion), with wakame salad, sliced avocado, daikon sprouts, sesame seeds, pickled ginger and shredded nori. I can eat this whole huge plate of food quite happily.

Did I mention the tofu is really good?

4 Comments:

Blogger Marcie said...

The Tofu sounds amazing! I love it, but have only 3 or 4 ways of preparing it, so anything that suggests another option is of interest! It looks so pretty too!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

would you mind begging them for the recipe?

6:06 PM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, you healthy girl! Their bowls are indeed huge. I took home half of my tuna something-or-other (I haven't been back for too long; can't remember exactly what I ordered).
I'm craving tofu. I'll go.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Hah -- I posted about nori today, too! It's a lovely garnish for your recipe.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home