Google+

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Stuffed Eggplant


Eggplant-o-rama!

I wanted to try stuffed eggplant, but didn't want a super-high fat meal. This worked out perfectly. To save time, I microwaved the halved and boated eggplant for 2-1/2 minutes (in a dish, covered with plastic wrap). I brushed the eggplant with olive oil, saIted it, and roasted it for a couple of minutes. I then sauted the chopped eggplant I had removed before microwaving, along with portobellos, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic. I added a little pesto and a handful of pinenuts. Roasted some thick slices of tomato, again brushed with olive oil and balsamic. Served the stuffed eggplant topped with half a roasted tomato, a dab of pesto, and some fresh mozzarella.

Gorgeous!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee! The mozarella looks just like a poached egg. I was confused for a minute!

9:03 PM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

That, my dear, is a creation! And an inspiration.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

yum! its been too long since I had some eggplant! looks delicious!

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home