Google+

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Scrambled Eggs with Arugula and Sweet Plum Tomatoes



These were the best darn scrambled eggs I've ever tasted! The combination of mild green garlic, grassy arugula, sweet tomatoes, creamy Goat Gouda and eggs was just perfect.

I had these fabulous eggs for dinner and made them with green garlic and arugula fresh from the Farmers Market. The Farmers Market is switching to summer fruits now - apricots, cherrries, strawberries, and raspberries were everywhere.

The eggs were incredibly simple:

I sauted 2 Tbsp of finely chopped green garlic in salty butter (Kerrygold Irish is my favorite) over low heat for about 4 minutes. Added the chopped arugula and halfed sweet plum tomatoes and cooked for 1 minute. Added two eggs I had beaten with 1 Tbsp milk, and stirred. Added 2 Tbsp of grated Arina Goat Gouda. Cooked until starting to dry. Topped with salt, pepper, and a little more chopped arugula.

9 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Restaurant-worthy.
You should open a breakfast joint.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Delicious, simple food!
What more could anyone want?

Can I be dense and ask what arugula is and what it can be sustituted with?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

holller - arugula is a slightly bitter, grassy tasting green a.k.a. rocket. It's a member of the mustard family and popular in Italian cooking. I don't think there's anything quite like it - watercress would probably be the closest.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmm....eggs will be on my menu SOON!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Thanks Catherine, if I can't find argula, I will try rocket!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

holler - rocket and arugula are the same thing!

7:29 AM  
Blogger winedeb said...

Stuffed mushrooms are a favorite of mine. I do one that Molly Katzen has in her Vegetable Heaven Cookbook. But yours will be on my to-do list! Looks great!

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine - this sounds like an amazing meal! Yum!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I just made it substituting a sliced green onion and garlic powder for the green garlic and blue cheese for the goat cheese because that's what I had on hand, and it was Delicious!!!
It made me want seconds and has definitely become a favorite.

PS- Spinach always works as a replacement- any green...

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home