Google+

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Insalata's and some Spring & Summer Round-Ups


I can't believe how time has flown by this week! I've had lots going on, a new part time job, school obligations, and weather that goes from fall to spring to fall to summer!

But, of course, I have been eating, but quite a bit less than normal, so this is a bit of a round-up post.

Above, you see a wonderful Middle Eastern Inspired Vegetarian Plate from a fantastic restaurant in San Anslemo (Marin) called Insalata's. Everything we had was gorgeous and the wine recommendations were outstanding. The delicious plate above included lentils with a creamy lemony sauce, spinach, and the most wonderful spicy cumin tomatoes. If you're in the Marin area, be sure to check this place out!

We've also been gorging on watermelon on those hot days and I've enjoyed eating less dainty versions of this inspired Watermelon, Feta, and Olive Salad:



I have to admit, I've done a repeat of this delicious topped tortilla on a bed of mache :


I just made a version with smokey eggplant pesto with the beans: heavenly.

I've been snacking on very healthy choices: sugar plum tomatoes, snap peas, and lots of fruit and yogurt, so I'm feeling very good about myself. And my digressions (can they be called that?) have been Judy's Vegan Breadsticks with Mount Tam cheese or Humboldt Fog.


Here's a few favorite "not-to-be missed" postings from the food bloggersphere:

  • The Perfect Omelette from Chez Pim


  • Asparagus Ravioli from 28 Cooks


  • Leek Crostini from Becks & Posh


  • Happy Mothers Day to you! And, as we know, everyday is Mothers Day!

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Sam said...

    I like the food at Insalata's - sometimes when I used to work overtime at ILM in San Rafael we were lucky enough to get takeout from there.

    11:05 PM  
    Blogger Anupama said...

    Catherine your pics are full of summer. They are delicious. Sadly England is still struggling with a very wet spring week.

    2:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home