Google+

Friday, May 04, 2007

Arugula Pesto Pizza with Sugar Plum Tomatoes & Goat Gouda


I so loved the idea of a pizza with the arugula pesto, I had to try it tonight. It was amazing. I prefered it on the pizza: it mellowed the flavor and with some succulent and sweet organic sugar plum tomatoes, it was absolute heaven.

I used Trader Joe's plain pizza dough (purchased today - it doesn't keep), topped the dough with the arugula pesto and grated Goat Gouda (also TJ's), topped that with sliced organic sugar plum tomatoes (also TJ's) and more grated Goat Gouda, and sprinkled a few pine nuts, and brushed the edges with olive oil. Cooked 12 minutes at 450. I added a little salt after the cooking to make this perfecto!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

I'm drooling here. This must be the most inspired pizza combination you've come up with yet!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Kalyn,

Thanks - it was very tasty and different!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

This looks quite appetizing. You might just see this on my blog once I get a few fresh greens up.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home