Google+

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sweetpea's Spring Soup II


A sweet soup of spring vegetables was the order of the day.

Poor little Sweetpea (age 6) has succombed to the nasty flu virus that is going around our school. Sweetpea is a big soup fan and soup is always comforting, even on a hot day.

I kept it mild by using a chopped leek instead of onion and skipped the garlic all together. I used Trader Joe's Organic Vegetable broth mixed with water for the broth and added some red lentils to thicken, but kept the broth pretty light. Sweetpea requested there be no bits of tomato and no green leafy things, so I used diced baby potatoes, carrots, peas, sugar snap peas, and broccoli florettes. This was a very sweet and gentle soup, full of fresh flavor. We both loved this!

Here's last year's version of Sweetpea's Spring Soup.

Stay healthy!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine! I've been making lots of soup lately it seems, and this one looks simple but satisfying. Thanks!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If little Sweetpea can handle that complex a soup while she has the flu, she's a brave eater. Good for both of you.
It's so pretty.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

cookie - she could handle it yesterday. now she's sticking with popsicles and 7-up.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Anh said...

The soup looks so yummy! I am sure I will like a bowl.

2:45 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Sweetpea is a lucky girl.. to have such great medicine.. I hope she is feeling better.

5:21 PM  
Blogger winedeb said...

Hi Catherine - Lovely soup, so fresh and spring looking ! I will try it !
Found your site on Farmgirl Fare and am enjoying it. I am new to blogging, and if you get some time, please check out my site. After I did my post today, I came back to your site and saw your tomato salad, wish I could send you some of my fresh basil!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I love the colors of the soup that makes it look very tasty.

Hope Sweetpea is feeling better.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Looks exactly like something my lil' Sprout would LOVE! I'll have to try it.

"No tomato bits"... how many times have I heard THAT!?!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home