Google+

Monday, March 12, 2007

Summertime?


It was very summery in Marin yesterday. Positively hot! I can't tell you how good that sun felt. So, with the help of some giant hothouse tomatoes, I indulged in one of my favorite salads: Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Salad with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and plenty of salt and pepper. Couldn't come up with basil, but my chive plant survived the frosts and is looking healthy so I used snipped chives in this case.

I followed the salad with Trader Joe's potato gnocchi with Cirio tomato pasta sauce and fresh grated Parmesan. I've never been a gnocchi fan but, at my last "Mom's Night Out" dinner, I order Gnocchi with Butternut Squash because it was the only vegetarian main on the menu. It far exceeded my expectations, so I decided to give gnocchi another shot. The Trader Joe's potato gnocchi was a winner!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

The salad looks delightfull! I'd never have thought of using chives, I use them very rarely ... but I've started using herbs more frequently, so maybe chives will see an introduction into my food now!

10:26 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Wow, that salad looks so delicious!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Love potato gnocchi . Actually I should be Irish as I love potato anything LOL.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home