Google+

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Greek Salad Plate


The hot, sunny weather is back and I'm thinking salads!

This Greek Salad Plate included tomato and cucumber salad with feta, hummus with those addictive Trader Joe's Pita Chips, a simple bean salad with canelli beans and capers in a light tomato sauce with feta, pepperoncini, and grilled eggplant. I'm loving the plate idea: five distinct, but complimentary items with a balance of color, texture, and (of course) nutrition. Lots of flavors and tastes, without over-eating.

I'm suddenly loving this plate idea! I recently enjoyed a restaurant dessert plate of four tiny one bite desserts and it was much more satisfying than a larger portion of a single dessert.

So, I'm thinking of hosting my first food blogger round-up and I request your feedback in the comments. Would you be interested in participating in a Food Blogger "My Personal Best Plate" round-up, in which bloggers create their personal best combination of up to 5 items which fit on a single dinner plate and reflect their own specific cooking personalities? The variations could be endless: breakfast plates, chocolate plates, raw vegan plates, green plates, chili plates, cheese plates, dessert plates, English vegetarian plates and even wine bloggers could participate with 5 best things to munch on with my favorite cabernet etc.

Let me know if you think this would be fun and I'll make it happen.

11 Comments:

Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Hey - the salad plate is BEE-YOU-TEE-RIFFIC!!

And just to let you know, I think a "5 Best Things" thing would be fun!

9:51 PM  
Blogger THE WALK-IN said...

Hi, just found your site and am amazed! You have some fabulous food ideas and recipes and I just LOVE the salad plate! An old fashioned way with new ideas....love that!

5:24 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

It's a super idea. It represents the way we often eat at my house; Cranky is such a natural artist at composing a plate.

8:04 AM  
Blogger winedeb said...

Yummy! Count me in ! We did a tapas night last Friday (which you can see different items that we served on my blog) and it was a big hit. Also looking forward to going up north in May so I can go to a Trader Joe's that you keep mentioning. Must be a hot spot!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:52 AM  
Blogger bazu said...

This is exactly my style of eating- I love a plate with a bit of this and that.

Yes, please, make the "my personal best plate round-up" happen! I'll submit something, for sure!

11:31 AM  
Blogger aTxVegn said...

What a fabulous idea! I usually eat way too much, so I would love to see some smaller plates.

6:47 PM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

This article is very good written!
:D

10:02 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

I think the best plate sounds fun. I love the colorful veggies!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home