Google+

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Five Things Most People Don't Know About Me Meme


(Near Zuni Cafe. Around 1990)

I've been tagged by Anna of Anna's Cool Finds to participate in the "Five Things Most People Don't Know About Me" meme. So, here goes:

1. When I was a very young child, my dream was to be a zookeeper. When I told my father, he discouraged me saying I would spend all my time cleaning up animal "messes".

2. After being discouraged about zookeeper life, I decided to become a writer. My first book (at 8 or 9) was a school story. It was awful, but I was very proud.

3 .I hate cooked celery and it never appears in anything I make.

4. I have a very long time crush on Richard Butler, singer of the Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love.

5. Prior to a trip to Portugal (my boyfriend at University was Portuguese), I suffered from anxiety dreams in which a huge bowl of olives was set before me (I hated all the olives I'd tried at this point) and I was required, out of politeness, to eat the whole bowl.

Now I'm addicted to Cerignola olives from A. G. Ferrari Foods (other sources have paled in comparison - locals the Town Center Store has great staff) and enjoy quite a few other types of olives (as you've doubtless noticed!).



And now I get to tag 4 others. So I tag
1. Vegan Knitting (and then Some)
2. Lydia of The Perfect Pantry
3. Vanessa of Vanesscipes
4. Fiber of 28 Cooks

6 Comments:

Blogger Anna Haight said...

That Richard Butler IS cute! and aren't you glad you aren't cleaning up animal messes? You are a writer of course! Was great to have a glimpse of your memorable moments!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Being harassed by a bowl of olives is understandably scary, and quite funny. Guess i'm "it" - will respond next week and promise not to tell that last night I dreamt I was riding around my hometown on what appeared to be a vacuum cleaner.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

What fun to get to know you better!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

And here's my reply:

http://ninecooks.typepad.com/perfectpantry/2007/01/memes_in_the_pa.html

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worship Richard Butler. Worship, I tell you! And I heard he's vegetarian? Catherine, please email me if you know the answer to this. anodyne@email.com. I'm also vegan. Thanks for your beautiful blog!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Anon - you're so cool. While of course, I, regretably don't know Richard personally, I did find him listed here as a vegetarian celebrity. I think a big thanks in due to all celebs that do the vegetarian thing. You're all way cool to me!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home