Google+

Saturday, December 02, 2006

(Greek) Pizza & Salad


Back in the old days, when we were young and carefree and living in the Richmond district of San Francisco, we got our pizza from Front Room on Clement Street. Everyone loved "The Greek" (which was great as the only vegetarian of the household): pesto, thick slices of tomato, mozzarella, feta, pine nuts.

So tonight, I rolled the TJ's dough extra thin and recreated this delicious pizza in a thin crust version.

As I had also been fortunate to find delicious, sweet, organic little tomatoes at the Farmers' Market, I created a Greek salad along with cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, chickpeas, feta, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.

Which reminds me, the last two restaurant meals I've had have both been salad on pizza creations:

Artichoke and Salad Pizza


Greek Salad Pizza with Avocado with Tzatziki dressing

How do I love this combo?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many pizza combination look so good, I'll never find the time to try them all. I can't resist the avocado...salad on pizza creation make me so hungry.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they look amazing, so much color!

2:04 PM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Ha! When I read this post's title, I thought it was going to be about salad on pizza... And then I looked at your photo. Aw, no.
And then I read your funny line about your last two restaurant pizzas.
Food fashion. Can't escape it.
xx

6:12 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi cookie - I'm actually in favor of salad on pizza. I always want both, but at restaurants this can double the cost. This seems like a lovely solution!

6:31 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

hmm avocado on pizza? it appears i need to try something new! hmm maybe a BLT with Avocado Pizza. that sounds good to me!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

FWYF: Great idea! I'm totally into a vegetarian BLT pizza with avocado! (Will I be able to stop thinking about this?)

7:48 PM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I can't help but taunt you with this, though it's not yet ready for its "reveal": I'm thinking up a vegetarian bacon, not made from soy or any other predictable stuff. It'll be made from one vegetable. I've got it in the house; must set aside time to "develop" my idea. Cured, smoked, the whole deal.
OK, thanks for the inspiration.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

cookie - ok- I'm hooked!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking pizza's. I never heard of greek style before, thanks for the ideas!

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home