Google+

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Goat Cheese Sauce Pizza with Red Peppers & Tomatoes


So tonight, I'm channeling my culinary genius.

This fabulous pizza was the result of running out of tomato-based pizza sauce (the kids' pizzas polished it off). I'd been musing about a goat cheese sauce for veggies, so I decided to apply it tonight as a white pizza sauce. It was phenomenal.

All amounts are approximate because I was winging it on this recipe. I chopped half a large shallot finely and minced 2 cloves of garlic. These were fried in 1 tbsp butter in a skillet. I added about 1/2 -1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary. I added about 1 tsp of flour, 1 tbsp milk and 1/4+ cup chardonnay. I then added 3oz of chopped up goat cheese. I used the chardonnay to get the right sauce texture. I used this goat cheese sauce as my base sauce and brushed the outer diameter with olive oil. I topped the pizza with slices of tomato and matchsticks of red pepper and some grated mozzarella, crumbled goat cheese, and plenty of pine nuts. A little grated pepper and we had a divine (yes, divine) pizza.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds very nice. I will have to give it a try! I like the idea a lot!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh don't you love it when the stars seem to line up so correctly and harmony ensues! This sounds excellent!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathreine, I have eaten Goat's Cheese only once till now and I loved it. Its a bit expensive but its worth the price. I'll try this pizza for sure.

Wish you a Merry Christmas!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Bea and Tanna - I'm really in love with this sauce!

anupama - Merry Christmas! You're blog is great

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home