Google+

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



I'm not crazy about pumpkin pie, but I've been using this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (or Cake) for years and everyone loves them. They are perfect for a fall party.

Today is my son's eighth birthday and I made these for his class to celebrate. The pumpkin gives them the aura of a healthy snack and the mini chocolate chips win everyone over with their decadence. These muffins are super moist and adding semi-sweet chocolate to sweet pumpkin improves it no end!

The recipe originally appeared in Bon Appetit and is for a loaf cake. The cake is impressive sliced, but the mini muffins are great for kids, portability, and those watching their waistline. The mini muffins take 13-15 minutes to bake, regular muffins 20-25 minutes, and the loaf cake takes 55 minutes.

Sweet treats for the sweetest boy!

5 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Happy birthday to your little Pooh-Boy!
(Great photo.)

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Healthy and decadent what a great combo!!
Happy Birthday to the boy.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Mindy T. said...

I've an 8-year-old niece in my life, plus a bunch of other loved ones with inner 8-year-olds, that are going to love these. Me too, of course!

http://mindycooks.blogspot.com

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look delicious! Happy birthday to your little boy!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Forgot to tell you that I have a vegetarian cooking website, also. It is www.menupause.info. I would love you to add me to your list!
ellensue
menupause2006@yahoo.com

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home