Google+

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Zucchini & Mushroom Pizza Topped with Squash Blossoms & Pine Nuts


Another scrummy pizza! This time I used pesto as my base on Trader Joe's plain pizza dough and added garlicy grilled zucchini, sliced mushrooms, Heirloom tomatoes, and mozzarella. I topped the pizza off with strips of my last two squash blossoms, a little torn basil, and pine nuts.

The squash blossoms looked pretty, but were overwhelmed taste-wise by the other ingredients. That said this was a succulent summer pizza that hit the spot. Next time, perhaps, I'll top a pizza with a crowd of lightly sauted julienned blossoms. Suggestions welcome!

Anyway, this veggie-laden pizza is this week's juicy contribution to Sweetnicks ARF/5-A-Day Tuesday (ARF=Antioxidant Rich Food).

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Just beautiful Catherine. It looks so inviting I could eat it for breakfast!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pizza with sauted julienned blossoms! Out of sight gorgeous!
But the one you've got here looks really really great!
I think you are over the top lovely.

12:05 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

You NEED to write a pizza cookbook.. You're killing me here! oh the temptation.

2:30 PM  
Blogger x said...

i agree with Christine, i think it would be great for breakfast! with some juice!
mmmm

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home