Google+

Sunday, August 27, 2006

More Vegetable & Tofu Steamed Dumplings



The last batch of steamed dumplings were so delicious, I decided to make some more: this time with tiny slabs of firm silken tofu with broccolini and minced garlic


Baby spinach leaves gently tossed with sesame oil and soy sauce with minced ginger, and halved sugar snap peas.



I actually did a variety of mixture using the basic ingredients listed above, plus chopped scallions. Here they are steaming away:



I enjoyed them with soy sauce and seaweed salad (purchased at a fancy grocery store's sushi counter):



They were all delicious!

Here's my favorite combination: snap pea, tofu, and spinach:

10 Comments:

Blogger Susan Voisin said...

Catherine, these all look so good that I know I will be making them soon. Thanks for the great ideas and photos.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Beautiful! I'm loving your photos. One could almost take a bite through the monitor!
I'm going to send my sis a link to your blog, Catherine. She'll be delighted.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, tiny things always seem so much more to me! These look so good.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Susan Voisin said...

Forgive me, but I've tagged you:
Foodbloggers Meme. I'd love to hear what you would list, but feel free to ignore it if you don't have time.

8:35 AM  
Blogger B said...

I just found your blog thanks to Susanv over at the fat free vegan blog, and I love it! Great looking food, and beautiful pictures!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Welcome Kaji's Mom! I'm glad you left a comment so I found your veggie blog. Cheers!

10:42 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

this looks SO good. Thanks for showing the play by play :)

Teddy

6:57 PM  
Blogger sooishi said...

so nice!
Thank you for this original recipe :)

4:34 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

welcome and thanks funwithyourfood and ooishigal!

6:52 AM  
Blogger thesundaybaker said...

Looking good, fresh, and yummy. I hope my previous tips helped. You make me want to make dumplings on a regular basis again instead of just special occasions

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home