Google+

Monday, July 24, 2006

Fettuccine with Pesto, Tomato, & Fresh Mozzarella


A very quick and easy supper for a hungry, salty, sandy family, this Pesto Pasta with Organic Heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella was tasty and attractive.

We escaped the heat by heading out to beautiful Drake's Beach in Point Reyes. Point Reyes is the home of some excellent food including Cowgirl Creamery, The Station House Cafe , and Manka's, but we were meeting friends for a delicious picnic lunch - a fresh French Batard with brie, tomatoes, cool cucumber, mayo and Dijon; watermelon; hummus with pita chips, and English muffin pizzas for the kids!

We got home at 8pm and it was still hot. But (and this is an improvement) it wasn't too hot to boil up a pan of pasta. I had Trader Joe's Pesto and fresh mozzarella in the fridge and some beautiful heirloom tomatoes fresh from the farmers' market. Scrumptious!

2 Comments:

Blogger AB said...

I make something similar to this from a Linda McCartney cook book - I add whole black olives to mine, and when I have a little more time I griddle or roast the tomatos. Okay, now I'm hungry!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Welcome Lady Librarian! I browsed through her cookbook and liked its unfussy recipes. I'll have to check this one out. I really like to add chopped Spanish green olives with pimento with the tomatoes (but not with pesto)

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home