Google+

Monday, June 05, 2006

Tofu Parmigiana



I've been making this wonderfully tasty tofu dish for years and always to rave reviews! This is a great dish when you have a mix of vegetarians and non-vegetarians, as everyone will be satisfied. It's really quite rich! I used fresh breadcrumbs and being more moist, they didn't "stick" as well to the tofu (but they tasted better!). Tonight I served the tofu with steamed cauliflower and broccoli, bread and butter.

I used fresh chopped basil, oregano, and parsley instead of dried herbs and Trader Joe's Three Cheese Pasta sauce in place of the tomato sauce. Otherwise I followed this wonderful Tofu Parmigiana recipe by Jill B. Mittelstadt.

Try this one - you'll love it!

1 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

uugghh.. this is when I miss cheese! I have not found a decent sub for parmesan..

but the pic here looks great! I've made a very similar dish in the past.

Your last post (the watermelon, feta salad).. omg.. I have been wanting to try this for several years since I first saw it on her show.. and never have.. grrr.. this not eating cheese thing is the hardest ever for me sometimes.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home